Monday, February 24, 2014

Activate Do not Disturb? Why?

Do-Not-Disturb-Messages-Lt-Blak

This SMS says!
"Amitabh Bachchan ke sath ek haseen shaam bitane ka mauka aur poore 7 Lakh ke inaam Dial *567*4#"
"To spend a wonderful evening with Amitabh Bachchan and to get 7 Lakhs worth reward, Dial *567*4#"


They call it Telemarketing SMS's or Unsolicited Commercial Calls
I am Lt Blak, I believe in sharing the facts...
I want you all to know, What is Wrong and What is Right!
I get these SMS's almost everyday, sometimes irritates the shit out of me!
How does my Phone number leak out into their Phonebooks?
Why do they leak our numbers?
Why do I have to fill in complicated forms & my crucial details, just to avoid these calls or SMS's?
What about my privacy? Do they really value my Privacy?


Value-my-Privacy-Lt-Blak

This is what they say about Privacy!
I value my privacy. And so does Xxxxfone.
Xxxxfone respects my privacy and takes great care to protect my number and personal details.
Sometimes they might try to get in touch to let me know about a recommended tariff,
a new offer or an innovative service that may be of interest to me.
But I have the option to avoid unwanted telemarketing calls...
by registering my Xxxxfone mobile phone number in the NDNC (National Do Not Call) registry.


Links, Video and How to
1. Check your DND status at www.dndstatus.com
2. Check your DND status at www.nccptrai.gov.in
3. How to block Unwanted calls and SMS's explained in nccptrai.gov.in
4. Complain to NDNC India
5. Apps like Truecaller and similiar Apps scans your phonebook and uploads your friend's number to their database
6. Detailed explanation on how to block Calls and SMS's, video on YouTube Refer the same video embedded below


Complain to your service provider
If you are getting Unsolicited Commercial Calls (UCC)
even after a confirmed registration for Do Not Disturb (DND) at the NDNC/NCPR registry,
you may complain to your service provider.
Please note that TRAI or NDNC Registry doesn’t take complaints directly and
it is your service provider who will handle these complaints.



I am Lt Blak. 
Visit my Website, You'll know me better! 
Check the Behance Portfolio What's on my mind, is on my Facebook status 
Follow The Legend @LtBlak on Twitter 
Find me on Google+ if you wanna say Hello! 
They gave me a free YouTube Channel, sit back & enjoy the videos 
I pin some interesting things on Pinterest too!

No comments:

Post a Comment